Maya just turned 5 a couple weeks ago. It was superhero-themed because she wanted both Superman and Batman, which morphed into a generic superhero theme. We hung blue, black, and yellow streamers and paper lanterns (thanks MH!), I got a piece of superhero material to cover the dessert table, Maya wore a one-of-a-kind superhero cape (thanks C!), and we cut out felt superhero masks for each kid to wear. And of course, we don’t have pictures of any of those things, but my husband took pictures of some of the food. It was a relatively small party for us (40 guests, including 13 kids), so we had plenty of food (despite the fact that we always think there isn’t going to be enough to go around)! Thanks to everyone who came to party with us. For those of you who couldn’t make it, we missed you!
- Assorted Cheeses, Breads, Crackers & Sliced Cured Meats
- Homemade Hummus & Vegetables (including snap peas from the backyard!)
- Jalapeno-Artichoke Dip
- Clam Dip
- Tortilla Chips, Beans, Salsa
- Orzo Salad
- Kale-Crouton Cesar Salad
- Fruit: Apples & Pineapple
- Baked Mac n Cheese
- Garlic Chips (This is basically flatbread with garlic, butter, salt, parmesan, and mozzarella on top, baked like a pizza and cut into tiny little rectangles. The link is to my mom’s blog, but my sister made them for the party, and she rolls them a bit thinner.)
- Fish Fried Rice
- Turkey Meatballs with Sesame-Garlic Sauce
- Chicken Wings – both spicy (marinated with Sriracha & garlic salt) & mild
- Kara-age (Japanese Chicken Nuggets)
- Maki-zushi (Sushi Rolls with Egg, Spinach, Seaweed & Shiitake)
- Batman Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Pineapple Coffee Cake
I certainly didn’t make it all myself. Thank you J, mom, and HM for helping with the food. And of course MH for the beer contribution! Here are some pictures. Enjoy!
Hummus & Vegetables
Kale-Crouton Cesar Salad
Fish Fried Rice
Spicy Party Wings
Mild Party Wings (mainly for kids who can’t handle spicy foods)
Turkey Meatballs with Sesame-Garlic Sauce
Pineapple Coffee Cake & Madeleines
That is some feast! I am hungry just looking at it.
Thanks! It was a feast with lots of leftovers to last the week!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It was a blast. So much fun!!! ❤ you!!! MH