This cookie is very impressive. It looks super fancy and looks like a lot more work than it actually is. And of course, they are delicious! I’ve had store-bought florentines before, and there is no comparison! Homemade florentines rock! I made them for our July 4th party, and by the end of the night, they were all gone! Here’s the run-down: Ingredients
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (ish) cups chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- Line baking sheets with foil.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in the oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla, and salt. Drop by 1 level teaspoon onto the foil. Separate the cookies by about 3 inches as they will spread. Press the drops slightly in the center so they are flat-ish.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes at 375. Cool completely then peel the foil from the cookies.
- Microwave the chocolate chips for about a minute in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 10-15 seconds intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread chocolate onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich!
Read to bake:
See how much they spread out:
Waiting to become a sandwich: