Here is another meat recipe that I really enjoy (but only make occasionally). I like to use this as a side dish or one of many dishes that we eat family-style. Rather than frying them in a skillet with oil, I bake them on parchment paper – oil-free! I serve them with a sesame-garlic sauce that makes them so tasty!
Turkey Meatball Ingredients
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1-2 cups combined greens, minced: Options: scallions, spinach, kale, garlic chives, parsley
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2-5 cloves garlic (depending on your taste buds), grated
- 1-2 eggs
- about 1 cup bread crumbs (I like to use plain)
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Put the turkey, greens, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Using a microplane, grate in the onion and garlic into the bowl. Use your hands to combine all the ingredients. I use my hands because that way, I can feel if the mixture is too wet or too dry.
Then I add more egg or bread crumbs accordingly. Form into tablespoon-sized balls (or a little larger). Place them on the parchment paper.
Bake for 15 minutes. Shake the tray a little so they roll around. Bake for another 15 minutes or until sufficiently browned.
I then put the finished turkey meatballs in a dish and pour over the sesame-garlic sauce.
I apologize that I don’t have a picture of the sauce by itself, but here is the recipe:
Sesame-Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (1-2 scallions)
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic (I use the microplane)
- 2 tablespoons ground sesame seeds (I use a mortar & pestle)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons hot pepper (optional – I haven’t been adding this since I’m always cooking for kids)
Combine all the ingredients in a glass tupperware and refrigerate. This sauce is best if made at least one day before use (and will last in the fridge for 5 days or so). It is also great spooned over a vegetable stir-fry, tofu, or flank steak. The possibilities are endless!
Pingback: A Superhero Birthday Party | According to Ai
Pingback: Two-Year Old Birthday Party | According to Ai
Pingback: Food Tastes Better Outside | According to Ai